- ca. 1777
- Watercolor and graphite with gum on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 16 1/4 inches (27.6 x 41.3 cm) and Sheet: 10 7/8 × 16 1/4 inches (27.6 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "St Tivoli"; in graphite, upper left: "Tivoli -Fg 1777"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Watermark: similar to Heawood 1589 (fleur-de-lis) (circle incompassing the fleur-de-lis with a C on top)
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, upper left: "1777 | T. Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | geology | Grand Tour | landscape | river | trees | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Aniene | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Tivoli
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Scott Wilcox, British watercolors, drawings of the 18th and 19th centuries from the Yale Center for British Art , Hudson Hill Press, New York, 1985, no. 10, pl. 10, ND1928 W533 1985 (YCBA)