IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Near Edgware Road, London, 1806
Near Edgware Road, London
- Black and white chalk on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 7 x 13 1/4 inches (17.8 x 33.7 cm), Sheet: 3 1/2 x 10 1/4 inches (8.9 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "[...Nr] Edgware Road"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower center: "1806 - J. Linnell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carts | fences | houses | lonely | road | wheels
- Associated Places:
- Edgware | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.