- A View of Part of the Tomb of the Emperor Akbar at Secrundrii (Sikandra)
- ca. 1783
- Gray wash, pen and black / gray ink and graphite on laid paper, laid down on 19th century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 3/4 x 26 1/4in. (50.2 x 66.7cm)
In graphite, LL of mount: Agra; in graphite, LC of mount: 2/Tomb of the Emperor Akbar at Secrundii. In vol. II printed no. 15; verso of mount, in pen and brown ink, LR: [cut off].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xx, 274, no. 400, fig. 242, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, A View of Part of the Tomb of the Emperor Akbar at Secrundrii (Sikandra), ca. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.