- Bird's Nest with Sprays of Apple Blossoms
- ca. 1847
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 12 inches (25.4 x 30.5 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "W. HUNT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blossoms | botany | eggs | feathers | moss | nest (animal architecture) | pebbles | petals | science | spring | still life | twigs
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Henry Hunt, 1790–1864, British, Bird's Nest with Sprays of Apple Blossoms, ca. 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.