A Street in a Country Village
- ca. 1815
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 14 1/8 inches (27.3 x 35.9 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, on back: "269. | Wm Hunt"; in graphite: "Country Cottages no. 68 in Sheffield Catalogue"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carts | dog (animal) | fences | genre subject | houses | man | road | rural | street | summer | sunshine | trees | village | wagons | walking | wheels
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Henry Hunt, 1790–1864, British, A Street in a Country Village, ca. 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.