- Panoramic View of a River and Distant Hills Taken from a Fortress
- between 1781 and 1783
- Gray wash, pen and black ink and graphite on two pieces of laid paper joined, laid down on 19th century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 1/8 x 43 3/8in. (48.6 x 110.2cm)
In graphite, LL of mount: Old Delhi?; in graphite, LC of mount: 7.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xxii, 286, no. 436, fig. 266, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, Panoramic View of a River and Distant Hills Taken from a Fortress, between 1781 and 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.