- Frances, Lady Brydges (ca. 1553-1623)
- Oil on panel
- Support (PTG): 35 7/8 x 27 inches (91.1 x 68.6 cm)
Dated in yellow paint, upper left: "ANO DNI 1579"
Inscribed in yellow paint, upper right: "AETATIS SU"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Paintings and Sculpture
- Subject Terms:
- cameo | chain | coat of arms | costume | crest | dog (animal) | fabric | gold | lace | pearl | portrait | Tudor | woman
- Associated People:
- Brydges, Frances (ca. 1553-1623), daughter of Edward Fiennes de Clinton, first Earl of Lincoln (d. 1585) and wife of Giles Brydges, third Baron Chandos of Sudeley (1548-1594)
- On view
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Steeve O. Buckridge, African Lace - Bark in the Caribbean : The Construction of Race, Class and Gender, London, New York, 2016, p. 61, fig. 2.6, GN432 B84 2016
Ian Tyers, The tree-ring analysis of 23 panel paintings from the Yale Center for British Art , New Haven, dendrochronological consultancy report 470 , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2011, pp. 13, 16, 17, 18-22, 38, 81, fig. 3, CC78.3 .T94 2011
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Gower, ca. 1540–1596, British, Frances, Lady Brydges (ca. 1553-1623), 1579
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.