- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue-gray wove paper
- 11 1/8 x 15 1/2 inches (28.3 x 39.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Rye House"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Walton's Angler"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "J. Linnell "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | country house | field | house | mansion | Medieval | tower (building division) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | Hoddesdon | Rye House | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.