- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue-gray wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 15 1/2 inches (28.3 x 39.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Rye House"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Walton's Angler"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower center: "J. Linnell "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | country house | field | house | mansion | Medieval | tower (building division) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hertfordshire | Hoddesdon | Rye House | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.