Pike Pool, Beresford Hall, Derbyshire
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black and white chalk and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue-gray wove paper
- Sheet: 16 7/8 x 22 inches (42.9 x 55.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Pike pool, Beresford Hall Derbyshir | see Walton's Angler 2d. part"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "J. Linnell 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | geology | grounds | landscape | park (grounds) | pond | pool | reeds | rocks (landforms) | science | trees | willows
- Associated Places:
- Beresford Hall | Derbyshire | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Pike Pool, Beresford Hall, Derbyshire, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.