Pike Pool, Beresford Hall, Derbyshire
- Black and white chalk and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, blue-gray wove paper
- Sheet: 16 7/8 x 22 inches (42.9 x 55.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Pike pool, Beresford Hall Derbyshir | see Walton's Angler 2d. part"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "J. Linnell 1814"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banks | geology | grounds | landscape | park (grounds) | pond | pool | rocks (landforms) | science | trees | willows
- Associated Places:
- Beresford Hall | Derbyshire | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Pike Pool, Beresford Hall, Derbyshire, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.