Study of the Artist's Mother Sewing
- ca. 1776
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 4 1/2 inches (15.2 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "D2867 | Ozias Humphrey RA 1742-1810 | The Artist's Mother, 1776 | of the very closely related and rather | more elaborate study of his Mother, | dated 1776 in the BR | L.G.D"
Watermark: similar to shorter 48 (Durham & Co); Paul Mellon Collector's Mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- mother | portrait | sewing | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Ozias Humphry, 1742–1810, British, active in Italy (1773–77) and India (1785–87), Study of the Artist's Mother Sewing, ca. 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.