IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Landscape with Tower and Approaching Storm, undated
Landscape with Tower and Approaching Storm
- Additional Title(s):
Romantic Scene with Storm
- Brown wash, brown ink, graphite and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream card
- Mount: 5 1/4 x 7 9/16 inches (13.4 x 19.2 cm), Sheet: 3 5/8 x 6 1/8 inches (9.2 x 15.5 cm)
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Martin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branch | clouds | landscape | lightning | meteorology | reflection | science | storm | tower (building division)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.