- Landscape with Tower and Approaching Storm
- Brown wash, brown ink, graphite and scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream card
- Mount: 5 1/4 x 7 9/16 inches (13.4 x 19.2 cm) and Sheet: 3 5/8 x 6 1/8 inches (9.2 x 15.5 cm)
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "J. Martin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branch | clouds | landscape | lightning | meteorology | reflection | science | storm | tower (building division)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Landscape with Tower and Approaching Storm, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.