- View of a Military Encampment with a Distant View of Chunargarh
- ca. 1781
- Gray wash, pen and gray ink and graphite on two pieces of laid paper, joined, laid down on 19th century wash mount
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 36 11/16in. (49.5 x 93.2cm)
In graphite, LC of mount: Ganges 16.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Isabel Combs Stuebe, Life and works of William Hodges, , Garland Publishing, Inc., New York, 1979, pp. xvi, 224, no. 249, fig. 168, NJ18 H646 S75 1979 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Hodges, 1744–1797, British, View of a Military Encampment with a Distant View of Chunargarh, ca. 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.