IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Black - Stockarton, undated
A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Black - Stockarton
- Graphite, watercolor, pen and black ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 38 1/8 × 24 3/4 inches (96.8 × 62.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "BLACK-STOCKARTON"; in pen and black ink, throughout, ground plan labeled and plots numbered "1" to 16"; in pen and black ink, lower right, bar scale labeled: "Scale of chains of 74 feet each", "1" to "10"
Watermark:(not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill) JAMES WHATMAN/ 1809
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.