A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Balmae
- Graphite, watercolor, gray wash, pen and black ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 37 3/4 × 25 inches (95.9 × 63.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "BALMAE"; in pen and black ink, center, ground plan labeled and plots numbered; in pen and black ink, lower right, bar scale labeled; in graphite, center: "Craigens", "Stable Field"
Watermark: (Not in Heawood, Churchill or Shorter) J WHATMAN & W BALSTON/1814
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Balmae, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.