A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Howel; Burnside; Silverhill; Gregory and Low Milton
- Graphite, watercolor, pen and black ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 37 3/4 × 25 1/4 inches (95.9 × 64.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Howell, Low Milton, and Burnside | copied from Old Plans"; in pen and black ink and gray wash, lower center: "Howell | Burnside | Silverbill | Gregory | and Low | Milton"; [various inscriptions throughout plan].
Watermark:(Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill) J WHATMAN & W BALSTON
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right; "John McKinlay"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John McKinlay, 19th century, A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Howel; Burnside; Silverhill; Gregory and Low Milton, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.