IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, nineteenth century, A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Torrs, undated
A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Torrs
- Graphite, watercolor, gray wash, pen and black ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 31 3/4 × 26 3/8 inches (80.6 × 67 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "TORRS"; in pen and black ink, lower right, bar scale labeled; in graphite, upper right, some plots numbered and dimensions given
Watermark:(similar to Heawood 3459) J WHATMAN/ 1808
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.