A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Farm of Highbanks
- Graphite, watercolor, gray wash, pen and black ink on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream wove paper, backed with cloth
- 18 5/8 × 14 3/4 inches (47.3 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink over graphite, lower right: "Plan | of the Farm of | HIGHBANKS | the Property of | The Right Honble the Earl | of | Selkirk | Possessed by John Currie"; in pen and black ink, center left: ["Contents" key] and some notations in graphite.
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "Drawn by John Howatson | for | John McKinlay | 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Howatson, active 1813, A Collection of Surveys of Scottish Estates of the Earl of Selkirk: Farm of Highbanks, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.