Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Cain and Abel, undated
Cain and Abel
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clubs (weapons) | death | flock | Genesis from the creation to the expulsion from paradise, and later years of Adam and Eve | hills | murder | Old Testament | palm trees | rams | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | running | sheep | sheep | staff | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.