- Fall of a City
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, graphite, and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/8 x 2 3/4 inches (5.4 x 7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armies | battle | buildings | cityscapes | civilization | columns | fire | flags | flames | gate | historical subject | horses (animals) | lances | military art | mythology | ruins | soldiers | spears | stones
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to John Martin, 1789–1854, British, Fall of a City, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.