Carisbrooke Castle, Isle of Wight
- after 1794
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 3/4 x 13 15/16in. (22.2 x 35.4cm) and 8 3/4 × 14 inches (22.2 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Carisbrooke Castle/ I of W/ could be Malchair/ GF-60"; in graphite: "[...] 143 (10)."
Watermark: (similar to Heawood 1828) Fleur-de-Lis/ 1794; Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | crenelation | fog | wall
- Associated Places:
- Carisbrooke | Carisbrooke Castle | Carisbrooke Castle | England | England | Europe | Isle of Wight | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Malchair, 1730–1812, German, active in Britain (1754–1812), Carisbrooke Castle, Isle of Wight, after 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.