Hounds and Hunters Attacking Deer
- Additional Title(s):
- Brown and gray wash with graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 17 1/8 inches (28.9 x 43.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "65 | E. Landseer [...] | The CHACE | 1831"
watermark: BE&S / 1823
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | attack | deer | dogs (animals) | hounds (dogs)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Edwin Henry Landseer, 1802–1873, British, Hounds and Hunters Attacking Deer, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.