Westminster Abbey from Dean's Yard
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 11/16 × 8 15/16 inches (17 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Westminster Abbey | from Dean's Yard"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | Chimneys | church | church towers | cityscape | Gothic ...: GB | Gothic churches | Gothic Revival | roofs | spires | yard
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Nasmyth, 1758–1840, British, Westminster Abbey from Dean's Yard, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.