Road Between Hills
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 × 12 inches (24.4 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "cf Malchair"; in graphite, upper right: "250/84"; in graphite, center: "Ireland"; in graphite, center right: "No views on this/ I F W"; in graphite, lower right: "(10)/143 [?]/ 22.6.46"
Watermark:(similar to Heawood 1543)[Fleur-de-Lis only]; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | clouds | hills | landscape | road | trees | valleys (landforms)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
pupil of John Malchair, 1730–1812, German, active in Britain (1754–1812), Road Between Hills, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.