The North Foreland Lighthouse, Kent
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 × 9 7/16 inches (18.3 × 24 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "North Foreland Light.house | Isle of Thanet | Drawn 1791 by J. L. Malton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | lighthouse | marine art | ocean | sea | ships | Tower
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, The North Foreland Lighthouse, Kent, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.