Preparatory drawing for the Title page, "Designs for Villas" (A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats)
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 5 3/16 × 7 7/8 inches (13.2 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "Designs/ for/ Villas"; on verso in graphite, upper right: "18"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- borders (ornament areas) | designs | diamonds (motifs) | genre subject | motifs | ornament, geometric | Ornamental borders (Decorative arts) | ornaments | scrolls (motifs) | text | title page | title page designs | trapezoid | type
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for the Title page, "Designs for Villas" (A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.