- Preparatory drawing for Design 9, Plate 6 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 × 9 1/8 inches (15.2 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "23"
Watermark: mount: RUSSELL & EDMEADS/ 1799 (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural design | Architectural rendering | architectural subject | cottage | country house | crenelations | design drawing | door | Gothic arches | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | home | house | lancets | mullions | niches | preparatory drawing | shields | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 9, Plate 6 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.