Preparatory drawing for Design 16, Plate 12 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 × 9 inches (12.1 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite; lower right: "[...]"
Watermark: mount: RUSSELL & EDME[ADS]/ 1799 (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural design | Architectural rendering | architectural subject | bushes | buttresses | cottage | country house | design drawing | door | finials | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | home | house | lancet windows | lancets | man | mullions | niches | preparatory drawing | quatrefoils | roofs | statues | stonework | tracery | trees | windows | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 16, Plate 12 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.