Preparatory drawing for Design 19, Plate 31 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Rereats
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 3 1/2 inches (10.2 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Watermark: mount: R & E (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural design | Architectural rendering | building | cottage | country house | crenelations | design drawing | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | lancet windows | lancets | mullions | preparatory drawing | quatrefoil | rose window | stonework | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 19, Plate 31 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Rereats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.