IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 20, Plate 18 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
Preparatory drawing for Design 20, Plate 18 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, pink laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 × 7 3/8 inches (8.1 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] might be obtained from [...] Roof"
Watermark on mount: [Rus]sell & Edmeads/ 1799 (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural design | Architectural rendering | architectural subject | cottage | country house | crenelations | door | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | home | house | lancet windows | lancets | lodge | mullions | Pavillion | preparatory drawing | pyramidal roofs | roof | steps | tracery | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.