Preparatory drawing for Design 20, Plate 18 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, pink laid paper
- Sheet: 3 3/16 × 7 3/8 inches (8.1 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...] might be obtained from [...] Roof"
Watermark on mount: [Rus]sell & Edmeads/ 1799 (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural design | Architectural rendering | architectural subject | cottage | country house | crenelations | door | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | home | house | lancet windows | lancets | lodge | mullions | Pavillion | preparatory drawing | pyramidal roofs | roof | steps | tracery | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 20, Plate 18 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.