Preparatory drawing for Design 19, Plate 17 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 5 5/8 × 9 inches (14.3 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "8"
Watermark on mount: Fleur-de-Lis with R & E (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural rendering | architectural subject | cottage | country house | crenelations | design drawing | dogs (animals) | finials | Gothic arches | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | guns | hip roofs | hunters | hunting lodge | lancet windows | lancets | lodge | men | mullions | Pavillion | preparatory drawing | pyramidal roofs | quatrefoils | steps | tracery | trees | windows
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 19, Plate 17 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.