Preparatory drawing for Design 19, Plate 17 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 × 9 inches (14.3 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "8"
Watermark on mount: Fleur-de-Lis with R & E (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural rendering | architectural subject | cottage | country house | crenelations | design drawing | dogs (animals) | finials | Gothic arches | Gothic architectural decoration | Gothic architectural drawing | Gothic architecture | Gothic Revival | guns | hip roofs | hunters | hunting lodge | lancet windows | lancets | lodge | men | mullions | Pavillion | preparatory drawing | pyramidal roofs | quatrefoils | steps | tracery | trees | windows
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 19, Plate 17 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.