Preparatory drawing for Design 10, Plate 7 for A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/16 x 9 7/16in. (18.9 x 24cm) and Sheet: 7 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (19.1 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "finish the [trimmed at top]/ [?] Thurston & Major [...]"; in graphite, lower center: "Look at the Plan."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | home
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 10, Plate 7 for A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.