Etched State with revisions of Design 11, Plate 9 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 10in. (18.1 x 25.4cm), Sheet: 7 7/8 × 10 inches (20 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "five bed-rooms"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | country houses | retreat | turrets
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Etched State with revisions of Design 11, Plate 9 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.