Etched State with revisions of Design 11, Plate 9 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash, gouache, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/8 x 10in. (18.1 x 25.4cm) and Sheet: 7 7/8 × 10 inches (20 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "five bed-rooms"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | country houses | retreat | turrets
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Etched State with revisions of Design 11, Plate 9 of A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.