Preparatory drawing for Design 14, Plate 11 for A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats
- Gray wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 7 1/8 x 9 3/8in. (18.1 x 23.8cm) and 7 1/8 × 9 3/8 inches (18.1 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "13 + v 1/2/ Design for a Dairy - 13 + v bath."
Watermark on mount: RUSSELL & EDMEADS/ 1799 (Not in Heawood, Shorter or Churchill)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | retreat | rural
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, Preparatory drawing for Design 14, Plate 11 for A Collection of Designs for Rural Retreats, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.