The Funeral of the Duke of Wellington
- Former Title(s):
Verso: Portrait of a Study for an Unidentified History Subject
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study for an Unidentified History Subject
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 14 inches (25.4 × 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: "JE Millais | 1852"; in pen and brown ink, center: "Recolections of the Duke's funeral"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...]om[...]"
Signed in pen and brown ink center left: "JE Millais"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- funeral | historical subject | horses (animals)
- Associated People:
- Wellesley, Arthur, first duke of Wellington (1769–1852), army officer and prime minister
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir John Everett Millais, 1829–1896, British, The Funeral of the Duke of Wellington, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.