- The Tuscan Order
- Watercolor, gray wash, and pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 13 1/4 inches (53.3 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "No. 2- The Tuscan Order"; inscribed in pen and black ink: many architectural inscriptions throughout; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "This example is after Palladio and the most perfect profile | of this order in England is at the church of St. Paul, Covent Garden, by Inigo Jones.; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "given to A. G. Humfrey Jones."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Walhouse Mark, 1817–1895, The Tuscan Order, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.