IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Walhouse Mark, 1817–1895, The Tuscan Order, undated
The Tuscan Order
- Watercolor, gray wash, and pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 13 1/4 inches (53.3 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "No. 2- The Tuscan Order"; inscribed in pen and black ink: many architectural inscriptions throughout; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "This example is after Palladio and the most perfect profile | of this order in England is at the church of St. Paul, Covent Garden, by Inigo Jones.; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "given to A. G. Humfrey Jones."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.