The Doric Order
- Gray washes, yellow watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 13 3/16 inches (53.3 × 33.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "No. 3. | The Doric Order"; inscribed in pen and black ink: many architectural inscriptions throughout composition; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Example of Doric from the Temple of Theseus at Athens. | The best specimens of this order are to be found in the Parthenon and Theseus at Athens and of Minerva at [?] Smirna."; inscribed on verso ln graphite, lower right: "given to A. G. Humfrey Jones."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.