The Ionic Order
- Gray washes, yellow watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 13 1/8 inches (53.3 × 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "No. 5 (5 appears in faint brown ink) | The Ionic Order"; [many architectural inscriptions throughout composition]; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper edge: "A. Geraldine Humfrey Jones from Lucy E. Mark, artist, and daughter of Edward W Mark | H.B.M. Consul at Marseilles, 19th Century"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Speimen of Ionic from the Temple on the Ilissus"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "given to A. Geraldine Jones."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.