- The Corinthian Order
- Gray wash, yellow watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 13 1/4 inches (53.3 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "No. 7 (7 inscribed in brown ink) | The Corinthian Order.; [many architectural inscriptions throughout composition]; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper edge:" A. Geraldine Humfrey Jones from Lucy E. Mark daughter of E. W. Mark | HBM Consul at Marseilles, 19th Century, who drew these studies." Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Speimen of the Corinthian from the Pantheon | at Rome."; Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: given to A. Geraldine Humfrey Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Walhouse Mark, 1817–1895, The Corinthian Order, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.