The Corinthian Order
- Gray wash, yellow watercolor and pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 21 × 13 1/4 inches (53.3 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, upper center: "No. 7 (7 inscribed in brown ink) | The Corinthian Order.; [many architectural inscriptions throughout composition]; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper edge:" A. Geraldine Humfrey Jones from Lucy E. Mark daughter of E. W. Mark | HBM Consul at Marseilles, 19th Century, who drew these studies." Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "Speimen of the Corinthian from the Pantheon | at Rome."; Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: given to A. Geraldine Humfrey Jones"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.