Fountain's Boarding School, Marylebone
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid down on a contemporary mount
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 14 13/16in. (24.8 x 37.6cm), Sheet: 9 3/4 × 14 7/8 inches (24.8 × 37.8 cm), and Mount: 10 × 15 1/4 inches (25.4 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "The West Front of Fountain's Boarding School, High Street, Marylebone 1780-/ N.B. (since taken down)."; in graphite, center: "marylebne manor house/ J. Miller."
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "James Miller Deft. | 1780"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boarding school | camels (mammals) | genre subject | street | students | trees | weathervane
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Marylebone | United Kingdom | Westminster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Miller, active 1773–1814, Fountain's Boarding School, Marylebone, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.