Fountain's Boarding School, Marylebone
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid down on a contemporary mount
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 14 13/16in. (24.8 x 37.6cm), Sheet: 9 3/4 × 14 7/8 inches (24.8 × 37.8 cm), Mount: 10 × 15 1/4 inches (25.4 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "The West Front of Fountain's Boarding School, High Street, Marylebone 1780-/ N.B. (since taken down)."; in graphite, center: "marylebne manor house/ J. Miller."
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "James Miller Deft. | 1780"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boarding school | camels (mammals) | genre subject | street | students | trees | weathervane
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Marylebone | United Kingdom | Westminster
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Miller, active 1773–1814, Fountain's Boarding School, Marylebone, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.