A Christening at the Vatican with Swiss Papal Guard, etc.
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Architectural Studies
- Watercolor, gray wash, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 18 5/8 inches (32.5 x 47.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "FT"; inscribed on, upper left: "Rowlandson"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chandelier | christening | christenings | crowd | dresses | ewer | Grand Tour | guards | hats | infants | men | mothers | nobility | podium | pole axes | religious and mythological subject | vases | women
- Associated Places:
- Rome | Vatican
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to James Miller, active 1773–1814, A Christening at the Vatican with Swiss Papal Guard, etc, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.