- On the Seine
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 × 13 7/16 inches (15.4 × 34.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite center: "D 3347 Mary Mitford | 1770 LGD" in pen and brown ink, lower centre: "Sur la Seine/ M. Mitford 1770."
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | bushes | genre subject | hills | houses | landscape | men | river | river banks | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Seine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Mary Mitford, active 1770, On the Seine, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.