IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Mary Mitford, active 1770, On the Seine, 1770
On the Seine
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/16 × 13 7/16 inches (15.4 × 34.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso, in graphite center: "D 3347 Mary Mitford | 1770 LGD" in pen and brown ink, lower centre: "Sur la Seine/ M. Mitford 1770."
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | bushes | genre subject | hills | houses | landscape | men | river | river banks | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Seine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.