Man's Head (Mr. Gardner)
- Graphite with stumping on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 x 11 7/16in. (32.9 x 29.1cm) and Sheet: 13 × 11 3/8 inches (33 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "The top of lower | Lid shows light | at the inner corner"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "4"
Collector's stamp; E.J. Monnington 35 (in a square).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | head | portrait | sketch
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Walter Thomas Monnington, 1902–1976, British, Man's Head (Mr. Gardner), 1932
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.