Man's Head (Mr. Gardner)
- Graphite with stumping on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 x 11 7/16in. (32.9 x 29.1cm) and Sheet: 13 × 11 3/8 inches (33 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "The top of lower | Lid shows light | at the inner corner"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "4"
Collector's stamp; E.J. Monnington 35 (in a square).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | head | portrait | sketch
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Walter Thomas Monnington, 1902–1976, British, Man's Head (Mr. Gardner), 1932
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.