IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Walter Thomas Monnington, 1902–1976, British, Punt under Shelter, undated
Punt under Shelter
- Pen and brown ink, brown chalk over graphite on medium, slightly textured, tan laid paper
- Sheet: 14 11/16 x 18 5/8 inches (37.3 x 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(various measurements)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left, inside black square stamp: "40"
Marked in black ink, on back, lower left: collector's stamp:"E.J. Monnington" (in a circle); stamp: "(black square)".Watermarks: INGRES (letters)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | covering | lake | marine art | punt (boat) | reflection | river | shading | shelter | sticks | straw | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.