- Punt under Shelter
- Pen and brown ink, brown chalk over graphite on medium, slightly textured, tan laid paper
- Sheet: 14 11/16 x 18 5/8 inches (37.3 x 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "(various measurements)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left, inside black square stamp: "40"
Marked in black ink, on back, lower left: collector's stamp:"E.J. Monnington" (in a circle); stamp: "(black square)".Watermarks: INGRES (letters)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | covering | lake | marine art | punt (boat) | reflection | river | shading | shelter | sticks | straw | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Walter Thomas Monnington, 1902–1976, British, Punt under Shelter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.