- Lewes Bridge, Sussex
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/8 × 4 1/2 inches (7.3 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso: This writing is the same as that on the [illegible] of CCCLXXIX, Turner Bequest/ The style is different by Dr. Thomas Monro (?) in graphite, verso LR: Lewes Bridge Sussex [The first inscription refers to this inscription].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | arch bridge | architectural subject | barge (flat-bottomed watercraft) | bridge (built work) | cityscape | clapboard siding | houses | man | railings | river | river banks | roofs | stonework | windows
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | East Sussex | England | Europe | Lewes | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Monro, 1802–1844, Lewes Bridge, Sussex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.