IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alexander Monro, 1802–1844, Lewes Bridge, Sussex, undated
Lewes Bridge, Sussex
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/8 × 4 1/2 inches (7.3 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso: This writing is the same as that on the [illegible] of CCCLXXIX, Turner Bequest/ The style is different by Dr. Thomas Monro (?) in graphite, verso LR: Lewes Bridge Sussex [The first inscription refers to this inscription].
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | arch bridge | architectural subject | barge (flat-bottomed watercraft) | bridge (built work) | cityscape | clapboard siding | houses | man | railings | river | river banks | roofs | stonework | windows
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | East Sussex | England | Europe | Lewes | Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.