- St. Jerome in his Study
- Gouache, watercolor, and graphite on vellum
- Sheet: 7 3/8 × 9 5/8 inches (18.7 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and black ink, upper right: "QUINTINUS METSI | INV | ALEX: MARSHAL. FECIT."
Signed and dated on verso in pan and brown ink: "Alex Marshall fecit 1650"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | candle | cardinal | Christianity | doorway | genre subject | historical subject | ink | man | pen | pince-nez | portrait | reading | red | religious and mythological subject | saint | shelves | skull | study (room) | table | translating | vases
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Marshal, active 1651–died 1682, British, St. Jerome in his Study, 1650
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.