Classical Study with Numerous Nude Figures
- Blue wash and graphite with pen and blue ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 × 5 11/16 inches (7.9 × 14.4 cm) and Mount: 5 13/16 × 8 inches (14.8 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower right: "JR" [in monogram] (Lugt 2184); on mount, lower center: "Issac Oliver."
Paul Mellon collector's mark; Thomas Lawrence mark lower left, recto (Lugt 2445)
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "IO" [in monogram]
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- babies | figure study | genre subject | gesture | men | nudes | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Oliver, ca. 1565–1617, French, active in Britain, Classical Study with Numerous Nude Figures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.