- Page of Sketches of Cavaliers, Horse's Head, and Plumes
- ca. 1839
- Pen and brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 18 5/8 inches (32.7 × 47.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center left: [...] | [...] | [...]; inscribed in graphite, lower left: <...> | <...>; inscribed on verso in black ballpoint pen, lower right: "183" Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink; CL: Nicholson / 1839 / Tho(s) Nicholson; and in a modern hand in black ballpoint pen, verso, LR: 183.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Henry Nicholson, Died 1870, Page of Sketches of Cavaliers, Horse's Head, and Plumes, ca. 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.