Study for a Tiger and Monkeys
- Pen and brown ink, graphite, brown wash and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 13 7/8 inches (30.5 x 35.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "130"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "45"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "NORTHCOTE, JAS.: TiGER"
Watermark: Fleur-de-lis "GR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | animals | birds | monkeys (animals) | tiger
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Mark (Andrew Mark), Ledbury, James Northcote, history painting, and the Fables, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2014, pp. 149-50, fig. 124, NJ18.N79 L43 2014 (YCBA)