Samuel Owen, 1768–1857, British, Sailing Ships and Small Boats in Rough Sea off the Coast, undated
Sailing Ships and Small Boats in Rough Sea off the Coast
- Watercolor and gouache with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 4 1/4 inches (13.3 × 10.8 cm)
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "S.Owen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bow (vehicle component) | buoy | Cliffs (Sea) | clouds | coast | longboats | marine art | Masts and rigging | sailors | sails | ship of the line | ships | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.