Waterloo Bridge from the Garden of M. A. Taylor, Esq.
- Materials & Techniques:
- Brown wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/16 × 8 3/8 inches (11 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "Waterloo Bridge from the garden of M. A. Taylor, Esq. | by | W Parrott (c. 1840)"; in graphite, lower left: "Not Nathan collection"; in graphite, lower right: "L15"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barges | boats | bridge (built work) | bridges, arch | buoy | cathedral | cityscape | marine art | Masts and rigging | oars | river | shipping | skyline
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Waterloo Bridge
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Parrott, 1813–ca. 1869, British, Waterloo Bridge from the Garden of M. A. Taylor, Esq, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.